Anyway, at the beginning of summer Brandon and I decided that if I got through my internship we could use some of the money I earn and take a trip to California. I made it through my internship and we left for California September 4. Since September 5, a monday, was Labor Day we decided to skip out on Disneyland and head for the beach. We drove twenty minutesish to Newport Beach. Here are some pictures of our fabulous day:
Highlights of the day
1. We saw dolphins swimming by the shore. At first we saw only the back tail as it slipped into the water. Brandon and I are totally scared of sharks so that of course was the first thing I thought of. I grabbed his arm and said, "Shark!" But then we saw the rounded head and realized that it was indeed a dolphin. We went from sheer terror to pure joy. It was a special memory.
2. We had a lovely walk down the beach. We went from the Newport pier to the Balboa pier. It was really fun... at first. After we hung out for a while, we decided we were hungry and had to go to the bathroom. It took us forever to find a bathroom and then to get back to our car. We ended up having to walk about an hour until we got back. We had to laugh at ourselves. We definitely wont be doing that again.
4. On our walk we went by some pretty cool beach houses. They were really nice, but I could not imagine staying in one. They were pretty pricey.
3. Built sand creations.
4. Took a little nap after our long walk and late lunch.
5. We sort of played in the water, but it was freezing so we didn't play for long.
6. When we got back to the hotel we had the swimming pool all to ourselves. The parking lot was pretty empty so we were hopeful that it meant Disneyland would not be crowded.


No comments:
Post a Comment