WHAT IS HAPPENIN

Saturday, September 8, 2012

End of Summer

Yellowstone
Before we left Rexburg we had a bucket list of things we wanted to do and see. Since Yellowstone is just a couple of hours away and we had not been there yet it was high on our list. We were all prepared for the drive with two bottles, a pump, and all kinds of snacks. After Jonah ate we were ready to get on the road... or so we thought. After about twenty minutes of driving Jonah decided he had enough of the car. The bottle didnt help and so we decided to stop to try and calm him down. Off the side of the road we parked by an old abandoned cafe and I nursed and rocked him until he was calm and sleepy. After about half an hour we were on the road once again. Jonah did really well. That is until we hit road construction and came to a complete stop. Jonah woke up crying, so once again we decided to stop to help him calm down. We pulled off by a campsite in Targee, walked around a little bit, had some lunch, and once again nursed Jonah. The two hour drive to see Old Faithful was turning into a much bigger trip than we had planned. Finally, after about an hour and a half, we were ready to go. Luckily for us Jonah slept pretty much the rest of the way there. He was fussy on and off the rest of the day, but we are really glad that we went. This was Brandon's first time in Yellowstone. He was really impressed with the geisers. As hard as it was, we had lots of fun on our first ever family trip!
 
Jonah is happy for minute. Yay!

Walking by the river in Targee.
Hanging out while we wait for Old Faithful to go off.
Old Faithful!
Family picture
I cant remember the name of this geiser, but it was really cool.
 
 There was a little traffic jam on our way out of the park. I thought the cause of it was going to be some really cool animal like a moose or a bear, but it ended up being an elk or deer. I was just a little disappointed.
We were worried about the drive home but luckily for us Jonah slept all the way without much of a problem.
 
Here are some pictures from our last week in Rexburg.
 

Jonah loves playing with his daddy.
 


th week before we moved Andrew Shan'tel and Hyrum were in Rexburg for a wedding and they stopped by for a visit. We loved having them over. It was really fun watching the two little boys interact a little bit. Jonah was watching Hyrum and Hyrum was poking Jonah's foot. I am excited for these boys to be best buddies.
 
A few days before we left I put Jonah in his bassinet so I could get some work done. He was just so darn cute! This was the first time I saw him start to reach. He really likes these elephants. Needless to say I didnt get anything done.

No comments: