This is what occupied my thoughts most of today:
Construction!
Today the theme in preschool was construction workers. In the dramatic play area we set out plastic tools, wooden boxes, caution tape, and yellow hard hats. The children, especially the boys, loved it! It was so much fun watching the children pretend to build things by stacking the big wooden blocks and hitting them with their hammers. I loved to see how much they enjoyed it.
For one of the small group activities, i set out a ton of empty food boxes for the children to play with. The point of the activity was for the children to build something. I think they enjoyed knocking the boxes over more than actually building something :D
Today was the second time I was the lead teacher in our classroom. It was really fun, but there is still so much I have to learn. I am so glad that I have had the opportunity to be a preschool teacher this semester. I am also really glad that the semester will be ending soon. Its kind of been a busy and crazy semester. I will definitely miss my preschool kids though :( They are so much fun!


1 comment:
You are doing it!!!! YAY!! You have no idea how HAPPY this makes me! I feel like I have no idea what's going on in your life and even though blog stalking isn't the most ideal way of staying in touch with you, I'll take it since it's better than what we did before :) Haha!
Oh I so wish you could be Caleb's preschool teacher. He sure loves you guys. I am excited to sign him up for preschool this fall though. Glad you are having fun as a teacher. LUCKY kids! :)
Post a Comment